createmakebake2011

28 Mar 2011

For the Love of....

Granny Squares

Ive always had a bit of an affinity with Granny Squares, my nan was always knitting us blankets when we were kids with pretty pastel, but my nans eyesight wasn't great and would never venture into darker colours such as this gorgeous teal version (my fave colour)

september 6, 2009

Although I'm also loving this super white and pastel springtime version!  Makes my wanna get mine out of the cupboard for an airing now its spring!
Happy colours

This tiny Granny Square bunting is something I have wanted to do for a while, and seems a bit more manageable than a gigantic blanket!

rainbow bright granny garland

And of course Elise's newly acquired Granny Square cardi.  I have always been a bit dubious of such an in your face cardi, but I think I maybe a convert!  My nan is always trying to get me to take her pattern that she has for a cardigan just like this, I think I might have to give it ago!
Wardrobe Remix // granny square sweater

No comments:

Post a Comment