createmakebake2011

15 Aug 2011

For the Love of...



I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shirley Hughes infact I'm not sure how much more I can say, but her stories, and illustrations especially are the best

I love how vintage the images are, and how they make me think back to a time when life was alot simpler, there was no Internet and losing your oldest toy was the worst thing that you had to worry about as child.

img977

Sand and sea


We have loads of her books, a lot of the Alfie and Annie Rose Series, but some others too these two books, we really like as there is a mixture of stories and poems



Plus these Alfie Books too, each one is a great story of good old fashioned loveliness




Lucy and Toms Christmas is a must in our house after 1st November, we get out all the Christmas books outs, but this one is read again and again and my soon to 6 year old still loves them, all about hiding pressies, not being able to sleep, they joy of Christmas stockings and making Christmas pudding!

Lucy and Tom's Christmas

Lucy and Tom's Christmas


If you have a preschooler or even a child in Infants at school and you haven't yet introduced them to the wonder that is Shirley Hughes  I urge you to do so!

Back Soon
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment